What documents will I need?

When you submit your claim, you have to provide certain documents for us to be able to assess and settle your claim.

For medical claims you will usually need original medical reports, medical accounts and receipts and English translations of all documents. For personal belongings claims you will usually need a police report, proof of your ownership and value of the items and English translations of all documents.


What happens if I don't have original receipts?

When we receive a personal belongings claim, you have to provide proof of your ownership and the value of the items. We understand that you might not be able to produce such receipts for each and every item, but you still have to 'tip the balance' and should be able to provide evidence of ownership where you could be reasonably expected to have such evidence.

Typically, we accept photographic evidence, warranty cards, manuals, receipts, bank or credit card statements as proof of ownership, and/or a statutory declaration attesting to ownership. In the end, common sense prevails and you should ask yourself - does this conclusively prove that I owned this item?

Last Updated: Aug 17, 2016 03:05PM AEST

Contact Us

Talk to us

From Australia 1300 787 376


Call +61 2 9234 3113

seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found
© SureSave Pty Limited ABN 82 137 885 262 AR 339902 is an authorised representative of nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 81 115 932 173, AFS Licence No. 308461. This is general advice and you should consider if this product suits your needs. Before you buy, please read the Product Disclosure Statement available from us. This insurance is underwritten by XL Insurance Company SE, Australia branch (ABN 36 083 570 441).